Tuesday 19 March 2013

Second Media Product

Music video 
In this lesson we had to look at the different aspects of researching. I then need to create a blog post explaining the different types of researching and how I can use them to help create a music video for my FMP.

For my second media product I'd like to create a music video. I need to look at the different types of audience feedback to find out how I can find my perfect target audience.


Primary research

I can go out and give questionnaires to the target audience I would like, therefore I would get back the answers I need to create something they would like.

Quantitive

I can find quantitive research by creating polls on the internet. This would be good as the internet is used so often and so much by teenagers that I could get a big audience of answers.

Qualitative 
I can create a focus group to find out more in depth information. This would be good because then I would have a more detailed discussion into the target audience and what they would want instead of a one word answer.

Secondary research
I can find qualitative research by looking at the target audience of other similar music genres. As I'd most likely create an upbeat song I could look at Hip Hop, Rap or R'n'B songs.

I can also look on BARB which is the Broadcasting Audience Research Board and they will show me which music channels are most popular and have the most popular shows. This could help me in my discovery because I would know what to watch, what my target audience watch and where to possibly broadcast my music video.

The BBC looked into how music plays within the life of a teenager and the research they did on their target audience was telling them to keep a journal of the music they came into contact with music and how, they got a group of the target audience together and created a talking session to find more out. They also were given cameras to take photos of their lives and moments with their friends, so the BBC could see what sort of people they were targeting and finally a couple of people in the target audience had a researcher following them throughout their daily life and taking notes of what was going on within there day to day business. 

Resources:

3 comments:

  1. This post is lacking in detail at the moment, you need to give actual examples. See if you can find a case study on a music video and the research they did on their target audience and discuss this. This may help with this post because at the moment it needs a little bit more to pass GC1. I have added a link below that you may find useful, it is a big document but their may some information you can include and extend on in this post.
    http://www.jisc.ac.uk/media/documents/publications/general/2009/scaaudiencescasestudies.pdf

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have enough to pass GC1 now you just need to discuss it in a lot more detail to hit the merit level.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Le_Meridian Funding Service went above and beyond their requirements to assist me with my loan which i used expand my pharmacy business,They were friendly, professional, and absolute gems to work with.I will recommend anyone looking for loan to contact. Email..lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com Or lfdsloans@outlook.com.WhatsApp ... + 19893943740.

    ReplyDelete